Am pretty chuffed to have been nominated for a Liebster Award as it means that someone out there is finding my blog mildly entertaining. So thanks to A Reluctant Mummy for the nomination and thanks for following my blog (the bag of used fivers has been left in the usual place). Please check out her blog she is very funny and most importantly keeping it real (another crazy lady who has had kids so close).
The Liebster Award is given from one blogger to another. The idea is to find out more about new blogs and the bloggers who blog them.
The rules are:
1) Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
2) Show the award on your blog or in your post.
3) Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
4) Write 11 random facts about yourself.
5) Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
6) Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
7) Once your blog is published, let your nominees know that they have been nominated and link them to your post for more details.
Here are y answers to the questions that I have been given. Warning; I wrote this post after a few glasses of wine so may not make any sense.
1. If you had describe your blog using three adjectives, what would they be?
Ranty, ridiculous and real
2. What was the last thing you watched on TV/Netflix (excluding kid’s TV)?
I was sure I was watching a box set of Deadwood but it all became a bit blurry after the second bottle of wine came out.
3. Why do you blog?
Because the voices in my head need an outlet.
4. Which is your favourite season and why?
Spring because it’s all getting a bit warmer and the flowers are starting to appear. In summer I get bad hay fever and due to my hideous pelvic floor muscles I pee when I sneeze. Me and summer are not good together.
5. What technology do you use to write your blogs?
Phone and laptop. I have also been known to jot a post down in a Cinderella note-book.
6. In a zombie apocalypse, do you reckon you’d be able to kill your loved ones?
That’s a strange thought. I would probably be hiding somewhere so I really don’t know. I’d like to think I wouldn’t be able to kill my loved ones.
7. What makes you laugh out loud?
8. Have you ever seen a ghost?
Yes, Patrick Swayze in Ghost
9. What was the last thing you ate?
Cadbury’s crunchie and a cherry Fruitopilis. I get an attack of the snacks when I’ve had a drink.
10. What has been your most embarrassing moment of parenting so far?
Everything really. The most recent moment was when we’d just landed at home from our holiday. All waiting to be let of the plane and the middle child, who had his hands round my clammy legs, shouts, “mum have you done a wee”. Oh the shame.
11. When was the last time you did fancy dress and what did you go as?
I went to a Hawaiian themed party when I was pregnant with my third and went as a heavily pregnant grumpy woman dressed in black. I pulled it off fantastically. I’m not really a fancy dress fan.
Facts about me:
1. I play the cello (not that great anymore but can properly belt out Twinkle Twinkle Little Star still)
2. I used to live on a narrow boat that never saw water, it was in a field. That’s a blog post someday I imagine
3. I still watch only fools and horses on Gold and love it
4. Sky Gold is my favourite TV channel
5. I probably swear too much.
6. I really love old music from the fifties and sixties.
7. I watch Sleepless in Seattle when I’m fed up
8. I have two dogs
9. I love cake
10. As much as I hate the ‘super mum’ image, I still secretly want to be her and try to be her everyday. I fail miserably
11. I have a secret McDonald every week and it feels good.
Now for the amazing bloggers that I would like to nominate……drum roll…. and the winners are.
Your amazing questions are;
- What do you like to do when you get some ‘me’ time?
- Favourite thing to do as a family?
- Joyous mothering moment?
- Annoying mothering moment?
- What’s the one piece of advice on life you would give to your kids?
- Why did you start you blog?
- What’s been your biggest blogging pet peeve?
- What do you love about blogging?
- What’s your favourite movie?
- If your life was a movie, what actors would you get to play you.
2 thoughts on “Liebster Award”
Haha, been there before with my son letting me and everyone else know he has peed himself. If o had sky I probably be watching gold frequently. My word I really want to hear more about this narrow boat it sounds fascinating. Thank you so much for nominating me X
LikeLiked by 1 person
No worries x the narrow boat was an experience and a half. Long time ago before the kiddies came along x
LikeLiked by 1 person